Retail Associate Moco Store Amsterdam
Do you trust in art? Are you also totally out of this world and possess extraordinary talents? Then we’re calling on YOU! Moco Museum is hiring, so we’re looking for passionate art lovers, dynamic individuals, and all-around superstars to join our team in Amsterdam!
About the Moco Store
The Moco Store Amsterdam is housed in Villa Alsberg, a townhouse overlooking Museumplein in the heart of Amsterdam. The building was designed in 1904 by Eduard Cuypers, nephew of the renowned Pierre Cuypers, designer of Amsterdam Central Station and the Rijksmuseum. This privately-owned residence was one of the first family homes built along Museumplein and retained this function until 1939. Subsequently, the house was let to priests who taught at the Saint Nicolas School in Amsterdam, and later it was converted into an office for a law firm.
The Moco Store is located at the very end of the Musuem, saving the best for last, resulting in a very high traffic location. This traffic has to be managed while creating a great last contact moment with our visitors. As a Teamleader you will be responsible for a crew of sales associates that focus on making sales as well as creating lasting memories. With a high diversity of products, ranging from pens to textiles and high-end collectibles, this premium Museum Store is looking for reinforcement in the form of sales associates.
As a Retail Sales Associate for the Store, you are responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions, and providing product information - all while doing it in style with a smile.
Individual responsibilities include demonstrating outstanding customer service, sales tactics, and ensuring the selling floor is stocked with merchandise. We are a sales-driven company; being bold, proactive, and ambitious are key elements when applying. You are resilient, and as a retail sales associate, you never let them see you sweat. Performing under pressure when there is a high visitor flow with set targets; only motivates you.
The Retail Sales Associate must process payments by totaling purchases, operating cash registers and financial transactions, and processing cash and card payments. The sales associates are up to date with promotional events and sales - you know them like the back of your hand. As a retail sales associate for the Concept Store, your professional attitude is sincere and enthusiastic, reflecting our commitment to our visitors and customers.
Retail Sales Associate Requirements
• Excellent understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
• Minimum 2 years of retail experience or in a similar function
• Proficient in verbal Dutch and English
• Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Telephone etiquette
• Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
• Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
• Physical demands: this position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Customer service focus
• Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
• Flexible availability to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnight shifts
• Eligible to work in the Netherlands
Retail Sales Associate Skills & Proficiencies
• Excellent Customer Service
• Excellent Sales Skills
• Extensive Product Knowledge
• Dependability• Attention to Detail
• Time Management
• Team Player
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Solving
• Trend Awareness
What Moco Offers
• Joining an international, young, inspiring and enthusiastic team
• Work in a beautiful environment at a breathtaking monumental mansion on Museumplein in Amsterdam
• Opportunity to develop yourself and to execute your ideas
• A good salary
• Lots of staff parties and other fun things ;)
How to Apply
For more information, please contact email@example.com with the subject 'Retail Associate Moco Store Amsterdam'. Please send applications (CV + Cover Letter) to the attention of Michael Hoopman, Merchandise Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.