Floor Manager Barcelona
The Modern Contemporary (Moco) Museum repeats its inclusive museum model in Barcelona, Spain. On 16 October 2021, Moco Museum Barcelona opens its doors to the public, marking a new chapter for the independent museum. Following its success in Amsterdam, Moco echoes its commitment to exhibiting iconic works by internationally renowned artists and rising stars. Artworks by Jean-Michel Basquiat, Banksy, KAWS, Damien Hirst, Yayoi Kusama, Andy Warhol, Nick Thomm, Hayden Kays, teamLab, Studio Irma and more offer visitors an unparalleled collection of art for an unforgettable experience. Moco Museum is powered by an innovative, dynamic, and enterprising young and close-knit team.
As Floor Manager (40H per week) it is your duty to manage the Moco Museum Crew, ensuring the Crew offers high customer service at a consistent standard. Furthermore, maintaining the museum giftshop to standards and ensuring health, safety and security rules are followed. Overall the Moco Museum Floor Manager completes tasks accurately and efficiently, working closely with other Floor Managers to lead the Crew.
• Welcome visitors and provide information related to the museum, exhibitions, displays and services but also general information (directions, tourist suggestions etc)
• Act as first point of contact for all museum visitors’ inquiries
• Monitor museum areas to provide security of the exhibition artworks (ensure visitors do not touch or endanger works of art). Also monitor the cleanliness and overall tidiness of the museum
• Handle sales of the museum giftshop’s merchandise
• Provide an excellent customer experience by interacting with museum visitors and offer a welcoming and friendly environment
• Resolves issues of visitors and/or giftshop customers to their overall satisfaction
• Maintains giftshop merchandise and oversees the retail inventory
• Maintains the giftshop to standards, including stockings and cleaning
• Responsible for the routine opening and closing of museum
• Assist at special functions, events and visits
• If applicable, conduct visitor and education tours in the museum
• Perform other ad-hoc duties and tasks as requested by the Director or Upper Management
• Fluency in English, Spanish, and Catalan languages
• Stable work history
• Flexibility and availability to work morning or evening shifts and weekends (the museum is open 365 days/year; 7 days/week)
• Self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development
• Work autonomously
• Ability to work well with others (team player) and manage a team
• Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and great customer experience
• Creative, curious and takes initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous work experience as a manager in customer service; retail sales is a plus
• Eligible to work in Spain
What Moco Offers
• Work in a beautiful environment at a breathtaking monumental palace in Barcelona
• Be part of an international, young, inspiring and enthusiastic team
• Work in a workplace where development is encouraged and promoted
For more information, please, contact email@example.com with the subject line: Vacancy Floor Manager Barcelona.
When sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your motivation letter and CV.